Discover it® for Students
- Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like Amazon.com, restaurants, ground transportation and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
- Good Grades Rewards: $20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.
- No annual fee. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.
- Get 100% U.S. based customer service & your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- Freeze It® on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 13.74% - 22.74%.
- Cash back match all you’ve earned the first year
- 0% intro APR on purchases for six months
- 5% cash back each quarter in particular categories
- No annual fee
- No penalty interest rate
You can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 purchases every quarter in specific categories. It also pays 1% cash back on all the other spending. There’s no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee and no penalty fee for paying late once. Late payments will not increase your annual percentage rate. Additionally, if you get at least 3.0 GPA for a school year, you will get an extra $20 cash back from Discover.
If you want the 5% cash back, you need to activate the bonus categories every quarter by logging in to your account online or calling Discover, or you will just earn 1% cash back in the qualifying categories.
The Discover it for Students credit card offers great cash back rewards for college students who have no credit history. With no annual fee and no late payment penalty interest, the card is an excellent choice.